Sunday, March 22, 2015

Assignment 2

1. commuter  n.
- someone who regularly travels between work and home
The train was packed with commuters.


2. preferable  adj.

- more attractive or more suitable
Anything was preferable to the tense atmosphere at home.


3. reinforces  v.

- if something reinforces an idea or opinion, it provides more proof or support for it and makes it seem true
The final technical report into the accident reinforces the findings of initial investigations.


4. swap  v.

- to give something and be given something else instead
We swapped addresses with the people we met on holiday.


5. correspondingly  adj.

- similar, or resulting from something else
As the course becomes more difficult, there's usually a corresponding drop in attendance.




Oxford Advanced American Dictionary (American English), I think it's good for me, because it can help me to improve my English's vocabulary. And it is good for its example sentences, and the word in the sentences which is more difficult has a link, so I can save the time to research the vocabulary that I don't know. It is very convenience. And then the surface is very simple and clear that I feel comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment